Friday, July 8, 2016

Thrunite TN40 vs Fenix TK70 - Flashlight Beamshot Battle

Thrunite TN40 is on the battlefield again, with an older competitor flashlight, Fenix TK70! The Fenix TK70 used to be my personal favorite for throw before. As comparing to the Olight Sr90, the weight is better, the grip is better, and it just uses some old D cells, which is nicer than a battery pack. Well, I think I have forgot how the Tk70 look in the dark, maybe. Somehow it just doesn't seems to be very bright tonight, what the heck happened?



Oh right, the Thrunite TN40 is winning over all the lights here, I cannot believe my eyes!  A few years ago, seriously, the TK70 was still a king in throw a few years ago, and now it is already discontinued and outdated!  Can you believe that? Technology of flashlight and LED have gone way beyond our imagination today, everything changed, the whole game have changed. What's going to happen next, maybe in 5 or 6 years from now? A single cell battler powered tactical light, with 1 hr runtime on turbo that can beam out 18000 lumens of light, and not generating much heat from the light, because the cell is a new material and won't be heated up as much, and we got to throw all these flashlights out because they are "old technology". Just like incandescent bulbs era phasing out and everyone have to be force to go into the LED world.  I can't imagine how that will be like by then.



As of today, I think the Thrunite TN40 is still the best thrower in my collection, it's stunning and really does outperforms my expectation. I thought it was just another Nitecore TM16GT, but it is not. Now looking at how heavy, large, and clumsy my TK70 is, I think the TK70 is time to either go on the shelve as decoration or it is time to be sold. Oh well. Time flies, technology flew.



No comments:

Post a Comment